“Battle of the Sexes”
Livigno short distance will award a price to the first athlete at the finish line, whether this is a woman or man.
The women will start ahead of the men.
The time between the start of the women and that of the men will be calculated based on the average distance between men and women in the “WORLD TRIATHLON SERIES” races with regard to the previous year (referring to the first 25 male and female finishers)
In the 2019 edition, the time between the men and the women’s start will be 8’24”
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. LIVIGNO SHORT DISTANCE will take place over 500m of swimming, 12Km (450m of total ascent) of cycling (with the climb of the Eira pass) and 9 Km of running.
2. There will be two transition zones. The first will be next to the beach on the south-west side of Lake Gallo of Livigno, where the race will start; the second will be in Livigno (the locality of Trepalle) in Via del Pont.
3. Registration fees: The registration fee for individual athletes is € 60 for Masters and Seniors (maximum number of registered athletes: 150).
Discounted race entry: a special discounted registration fee of 45€ until 31 July 2019 or until the first 100 athletes; 50€ until 10 August 2019; 55€ until 18 August 2019; 60€ until 26 August 2019.
4. Athletes can participate in the race using the relay option (with 2 or 3 team members) and the registration fee is € 90.
5. Registration closes on 26 August 2019.
6. The price includes: Race pack, award, pasta party.
7. The rules and regulations of the Italian Triathlon Federation apply to the race, with an exception for what is listed below. When athletes register for the race they commit to upholding the rules and regulations in every detail.
Exception: Athletes can choose whether to use a neoprene swim cap, socks and gloves.
If the “air/water” temperatures are harsh, the swim can be shortened but, in any case, will be guaranteed (except in the case of lightening or “extraordinary” natural events).
Every athlete can use a support team whose only role will be to collect all the equipment used during the swim and bike (including the bike).
Athletes who do not have a support team must, on their own, at the end of the race, collect their equipment in T2 and in Plaza Placheda where the pasta party and awards ceremony will take place.
The team members can enter T1 and T2 only when they have been authorized by the race officials and have shown the receipt that is included in their race pack.
8. Before the start, athletes must enter the transition zone to check in with their race chip and then go to the beach where the start will take place
9. Identity card: All athletes must be in compliance with the membership requirements of the Triathlon Federation of their country. Athletes can buy a one-day membership pass if they have an Italian medical certificate of fitness to race which is valid for triathlon. When athletes pick up their race pack they need to show the triathlon license together with an identity card.
10. Athletes explicitly authorize the race organization, as well as interested third parties such as partners, sponsors and the media, to use their images and photos taken during the event.
Saturday 31 August 2019
6:00 pm Briefing “Livigno Short Distance Triathlon”
Sunday 01 September 2019
At Plaza Placheda (Via Saroch 1098, 23030-Livigno):
From 7:00 am – 9:15 am Secretariat open and race pack pick-up
At Livigno Lake:
9:30 am Transition zone opens;
10:15 am Transition zone closes;
10:20 am Start Livigno Short Distance Triathlon;
At the finish line:
12:00 pm Award ceremony Livigno short distance;
At Plaza Placheda (Via Saroch 1098, 23030 Livigno):
12:30 pm Pasta Party
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Rules for parking and bag deposit
Parking: Athletes and their supporters may not park their car near to the start of the race to avoid blocking the exit of athletes during the bike section.
They must park in the parking of swimming pool “Aquagranda Active You” in Via Rasia 2, Livigno, 200m from the start/T1.
Bag deposit: All athletes must use the bag deposit for T2 (the bags will then be brought to T2 by the organization).
The bag deposit will be in the parking lot of swimming pool “Aquagranda Active You” in Via Rasia 2, in Livigno, 200m from the start/T1.
Rules for the swim
Swim: the wetsuit is mandatory if the water is below 16° C and cannot be used when the water temperature is above 23° C. The neoprene swim cap can be worn under the event’s swim cap.
All equipment used during the swim section must be put in the bag provided by the organization
Rules for the bike
The roads are open to vehicles and athletes need to respect the traffic laws (keep to the right side of the road). The use of a helmet is mandatory (and needs to be fastened during the bike section and from the moment that the athlete takes the bike from the rack in the TZ until the bike has been put back on the rack in TZ at the end of the cycling section)
The following violations will have a penalty: – Violations of traffic law – Use of music devices and/or phone – Drafting behind vehicles – Using external support (athletes are not allowed to have a car following them)
We are proud to introduce a rule to protect the environment: anybody who is found throwing away wrappings of energy bars, gels, bananas, etc. or any kind of polluting material will be IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED
Rules for the run
The following actions will have a penalty:– Violations of traffic law – Use of music devices and/or phone – Using external support: it is forbidden to follow athletes during the run (athletes are not allowed to have a runner and / or bike following them) and it is forbidden to provide athletes with nutrition except for the aid stations of the organization
Aid stations will be located at: Km 3, Km 7.5.
Every athlete needs to hand in the materials they want to use for the run in the bag provided by the organization. The bag will be brought to T2 by the organization and the items in the bag will be used during the run section.
- The wetsuit may be mandatory (when water temperature is below 16°C) and athletes can choose whether to use a neoprene swim cap, socks and gloves.
- The chip must be worn for the whole race. In case of loss the athlete needs to notify the organization.
- The race bib with race number cannot be worn during the swim nor can it be worn under the wetsuit and must be clearly visible in T1.
- The race number must be clearly visible from behind during the bike section and in front during the run.
- The bike needs to be in good order and perform perfectly, especially the brakes.
- Disc brakes are allowed.
- The helmet must be homologated and have the CE mark.
- Replacing the bike and wheels is not allowed.
- The medical crew may remove an athlete at any time from the race if they believe the athlete is not able to continue the race.
WEATHER & SAFETY
- Expected weather and temperature: Starting from 16° Air: at 1800m between 5° and 25°; at 2300m between -3° and 20°.
- In case of cold water, fog, big difference between water and outside temperature or other weather conditions that could jeopardize the safety of athletes, the swim could be shortened.
- At the end of the race, adequate food and drinks will be available
- In case of cancellation or definitive interruption of the race for any reason beyond the control of the Organizer and, in particular, all cases of force majeure, decisions of public authorities (in particular those made because of public health reasons, safety and public order), or any meteorological risks, the Organizer assumes no responsibility towards the competitors and the registration fee cannot be reimbursed. The competitors, at the time of their registration, renounce any type of reimbursement in case of cancellation or interruption of the race.
- All prize-winning athletes must attend the awards ceremony. Those who will not attend the awards ceremony will not be entitled to receive the prize, be it in cash or in kind.
- Cash prizes: An absolute ranking will be drawn up without distinction between sexes, as stated in the premise. The first five athletes will be rewarded with cash prizes (€ 1500).1° overall athlete: 750 €
2° overall athlete: 400 €
3° overall athlete: 200 €
4° overall athlete: 100 €
5° overall athlete: 50€
- Awards in kind: an age group ranking will be drawn up without distinction between sexes and the first athlete of every age group category will be awarded.
Race office and awards: Plaza Placheda ,Via Saroch 1098, 23030-Livigno.
Parking and bag drop-off (Sunday, 1 September 2019, before the start of the race): “Aquagranda Active You” Via Rasia, 2 Livigno 200 m. from the start/T1.
Start and T1: Lago di Livigno, Via Rasia, 23030-Livigno
T2: Via del Pont, 23030-Livigno (Loc. Trepalle)
Finish line: Lago di Livigno, Via Rasia, 23030-Livigno
Accommodation is managed by the Promotion and Tourism Development Agency of Livigno (Azienda di Promozione e Sviluppo Turistico di Livigno)
Promotion and Tourism Development Agency of Livigno, Bookings
Via Saroch 1098 c/o Plaza Placheda
23030 Livigno (SO)
T +39 0342 977840
F +39 0342 977849